Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Christian Boy Shot in the leg at Haroonabad, Punjab, Pakistan.

Adeel Yousaf belonging to oppressed Christian community became a victim of Majority’s dominance and practice of how dare you; philosophy in Pakistan.






Adeel Yousaf In his official police complaint stated that he is the resident of Christian Colony Haroonabad and an employee at Girls College. Muhammad Abid and Muhammad Arshad were my friends. For few reasons I distant myself from them and stopped seeing them and for that they had grudge against me.  

On 14th august 2019, round about 2:45 pm Muhammad Abid called me and told me to come at bridge 73/4R but I refused. I was at church square and at that moment Muhammad Abid and Muhammad Arshad came there on motorbike and they both launched an assault on me. And to further humiliate me publicly they tore down my cloths and while they were beating me Arshad told Abid to shot me. Arshad seized me and Abid pulled out a 30 bore gun and said, “How Dare You not obey our order, now you will face the consequences.”

Abid shot me which hit me in the leg,. I was screaming due to pain & bleeding and I could’ve died there but thanks to Yasir Javed, Kallis Javed and few other local residents who after hearing gunshot came to my aid. At that moment Abid and Arshad left the scene. I was brought to the hospital. 



Although a Police case is registered against Abid & Arshad but they roam freely due to their political ties and influential background. Shahid Yousaf the brother of Adeel Yousaf told that an FIR 19/349 under PPC 34/324 is registered at police station Haroonabad but accused are not arrested till now.

Although in various headlines on print and electronic media Government claims to protect and safeguard the basic belief of Christian community wish to be treated as humans but unfortunately we don’t see any practical measures of Government to invest in bringing change to Majority population’s philosophy regarding Christians & to eliminate deeply rooted #Christophobia in Pakistan.